said, "The constitution does allow the government to conclude that there are certain types of weapons that no one can legally own. Now if that were not the case then you should be able to legally go buy a flamethrower that the military has; you should be able to go - if you're a billionaire - buy an F-15 loaded with ordnance; you should be able to buy an M-1 tank; you should be able to buy a machine gun; you should be able to buy a grenade launcher."
That however is completely incorrect.
As I said last week, "As Americans, we are guaranteed the rights to own and use firearms. This
is not just a single shot musket or rifle. It is not a five shot
revolver or a pistol that holds ten bullets. When it was written, people
had their own personal cannons. The 2nd Amendment gives us the right to
any weapon we can obtain. That would include an Abrams tank, an Apache
helicopter, a Raptor jet fighter, or a super carrier."
Our forefathers meant for us to have the ability to defend ourselves from violent criminals, mentally unstable individuals, foreign enemies, and from an oppressive government.
You may say that you do not wish to change the Constitution, yet your rhetoric approves of a government which violates the Constitution. That's the plain and simple truth. Is the reality that you don't want to change the Constitution, but simply replace it completely?
During your online chat you also stated, "If you want to protect yourself, get a double barreled shotgun."
That actually is a grand idea. I'm glad you support women's rights to protect themselves, unlike Representative Salazar and his suggestions. How much better for a woman to be able to protect herself with a shotgun, than a whistle, throwing up, pissing herself, or saying she is on her period!
Shotguns really do have benefits. They are a definite threat to an attacker. If the need arises to fire the shooter can't help but hit their attacker, thanks to the wide blast radius. Due to their size, they are difficult to conceal, so liberals can be happy that no hiding of the weapon was done. Liberals can also be happy as shotguns have a limited capacity for bullets.
So yes, I agree Mr. Vice President, everyone should get a shotgun. However, they should not stop there.
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
The bill would unionize all fire departments, in Colorado.
Hickenlooper stated that he opposes the bills imposition of a state law upon local voters and governments, who may have already voted to keep unions out.
"In this regard, we do not believe it is a matter of state interest to require mandatory bargaining between a locality and its firefighters."
He will support the bill if it's language changed to only requiring local governments to discuss safety, wages, and other matters with firefighters.
Mayors in multiple cities have already spoken out against the bill, but were ignored by the Democrat state senate.
Senate Bill 25 passed the Senate along party lines, with one Democrat abstaining.
|"Excuse me, Ma'am, your Kahr is showing."|
(Photo copyright 2013 Kahr Arms)
One went so far as to claim that women don't need guns to protect them if they are violently attacked, especially by somebody intending on raping them.
The proposed bill would revoke permission for women with concealed carry permits to carry their weapons on college campuses. The reasoning, according to Socialist Joseph Salazar, is that women don't think, they act impulsively from emotions. He states:
"And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop … pop a round at somebody.”Of course, he had no data or incident to cite as proof that women with concealed carry permits presented their weapons and shot at innocent people just because of a feeling.
Salazar has since offered a condescending statement of placation he labeled as an apology.
Here is Rep. Salazar’s contact information in case you want to enlighten him a bit:
Joseph Salazar went so far as to claim that the University of Colorado -- Colorado Springs has suggested actions that would work better:
Shall we go over these one by one?
What To Do If You Are AttackedThese tips are designed to help you protect yourself on campus, in town, at your home, or while you travel. These are preventative tips and are designed to instruct you in crime prevention tactics.
- Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.
- Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.
- Kick off your shoes if you have time and can't run in them.
- Don't take time to look back; just get away.
- If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.
- Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.
- Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.
- Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!
- Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.
- Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.
First of all, I do not advocate violence except as a last resort. When your life or the life of a loved one, a family member, or an innocent is on the line, it very well could be that last resort. Training and practice help you to better determine when those situations call for violence and what actions are most appropriate. The training and practice also keep you from "freezing up" should the unfortunate necessity arise.
1. Yes, this is sound advice. However, people with little to no self-defense training seldom really know what they are and are not capable of doing and what will work. So, yes, be realistic. Go take Krav Maga, Juijitsu, Tang Su Do, or Keysi. Simply put, take a basic women's self-defense course. After that, look at taking both a percussive fighting style and a grappling style (or something that combines them).
2. Screaming can help. It may not startle the attacker, though. If anything, it may spur them to act faster and more violently to shut you up. If you are going to scream, then run into a well occupied building and scream "fire". Then again, a violent attacker most likely won't get you while you are in a crowded place.
3. Yes, if you are wearing heels, it may be hard to run. However, taking them off may also cost you time. Learn how to use those heels to crush a knee. But this can be sound advice.
4. If you are in a dead run, looking back may cost you a tenth of a second. It could cost you more if you run into something. However. looking back helps you identify your attacker. It also can help you to gauge how well tossing down an obstacle behind you may help. It will also tell you if you have enough distance to be able to pull your concealed piece out and shoot him without harming an innocent behind him.
5. "Passive resistance" when somebody is trying to rape or kill you is not going to be any sort of defense. It is an invitation. It just tells the attacker that you are willing to be a victim. You are being the soft target that they hoped you would be. This is probably the worst piece of advice in this list. Now, if it is just a mugger, take out your wallet and toss it away from both you and them then run. If they really wanted your wallet, they will go after that instead of you. If they continue after you, pull out a gun and prepare to shoot. Standing your ground with a drawn firearm will usually do the trick. If it doesn't, then shoot. Don't do warning shots. They can hit innocent bystanders. Shoot to kill, not disable. Two in the chest followed by one in the head then dial 911 and start your stopwatch. Notice that if you tried to call them first that they wouldn't have made it to you in time.
6. The disease or menstruation line doesn't work. In fact, it may actually excite the attacker. It may cause actions to take place other than where the rapist first intended (draw your painful conclusions). I have yet to meet a single intended victim who used this successfully. Maybe some cop out there has. I'd love to hear the tales.
7. Vomiting and urinating don't work either. What they do is aggravate the attacker and make them more violent. Ask a girl who was drunk, vomiting, and still got raped. Some rapists even brag about how the convulsions from vomiting enhance their experience. Urinating will probably result in a worse beating from the attacker. It will get you laughed at. It will not save your life. It will just get your clothes torn off and thrown away. A jab to the throat followed by the barrel of your concealed .45 in the face of the attacker will do a lot more to deter the violence.
9. This is sort of obvious, isn't it? Running can spur a rapist to be more violent when he catches you. Using "passive resistance" just lead to being a victim. It is not a form of defense. Urinating and vomiting usually lead to more violence and harm. Same with biting, which can also give you diseases such as HIV. (Scratching, however, at least gives DNA when they do the rape kit on you. If you have a gun, however, there is less of a chance they'll have to do the rape kit in the first place). In fact, most of the things on UCCS's little list here will result in more violence and harm.
10. Agreed. Different situations require different actions. Training in a fighting style gives you options to choose from. The same goes with defensive handgun training. Only you can decide what you do, what you are capable of doing, and what actions are the least force necessary for you to stop that attacker. It's your decision. Tell your state (and the federal) legislature that you want that choice. You want the option available for you to carry your firearm. It is a right that the US Constitution mandates to never be infringed. Those who infringe upon it are telling your that your life doesn't matter. Carry or don't. Own a firearm or don't. Take martial arts or don't. Regardless, it is your decision to make. Don't let them make it for you.
Article originally published by P-G Matuszak's Mental Aikido. Copyright 2013. Reprinted with Permission.
A fire broke out at his home and when the fire department arrived he warned them that he had home made explosives in the house, garage, and shed.
Once the fire was out, bomb squads, including a specially trained mobile lab from Buckley Air Force Base were called in.
Inside the buildings at least eight pipe bombs, other home made explosives, and an unknown substance were found.
During the search, four neighboring homes were evacuated, until Tuesday night.
On Wednesday, police raised Grover's bail to one million dollars.
Neighbors described him as an end of the world conspiracist, but none of them had ever worried he would do anything with the guns they knew he had.
Combined, they'll become the second largest office supply company, in the US.
The merger was announced before the companies were ready to make the news public.
At this time the boards have agreed that a new board split evenly between the two companies will be formed.
However, they have not decided upon the name yet, nor has a CEO been picked.
It seems that they have not yet decided if either of their current CEOs will be the one for the new merged company, as they admit they are looking through other candidates, as well.
A restaurant exploded Tuesday evening due to a natural gas leak.
The explosion damaged nearby buildings and it's resulting fire took about an hour to control.
According to officials, they were aware of a gas leak, but hadn't yet located it, when the explosion occurred.
The decision was made not to evacuate the area as they did not want to create a panic.
Protests had become larger and more violent over the past few weeks. Sunday saw over one hundred thousand protest, while Tuesday saw fourteen injured.
Borisov won the office in 2009, but was likely to see himself replaced in this year's June elections. Now, however, those elections will have to be moved up as soon as possible, so that a government can be reestablished.